According to reports released by the World Health Organizations, over 50 million people get injured or disabled as a result of traffic accidents each year. When you have sustained any injury after an accident, it is important to prioritize your health. You need to keep the doctor informed of your current condition and healing process and follow all the care instructions.
Getting help for the physical injuries
Jebaily Law stresses that car accident can sometimes cause serious injuries. The help you should get for the injuries you sustained during an accident should be both immediate and continued. This is because some injury signs will show immediately after the accident while others will manifest later on.
While the attorney will handle the communication with your insurer about property damage, it's your responsibility to manage medical treatment. You should prioritize your medical and health care because it is essential for your well-being and the insurance claim. This is how you can show that you care about your health:
- Seek immediate medical treatment- Right after the accident, you have to see your doctor. This instantaneous response shows your insurer that your injuries are severe and legitimate.
- Follow up with the doctor- After getting the initial treatment, you need to follow up with the physician so that you can have a discussion about your healing process. When you do this, the insurance company will realize how much you are devoted to your health.
- Follow instructions- Sometimes you may be required to work hard to manage and take care of yourself. When the doctor recommends a better diet or less activity, adhere to these instructions.
- Take all your medications- If the doctor prescribed antibiotics, pain killers or any other branded medication that will help you to heal and manage the pain; you'll need to take the medicines. Be sure to read and understand the instructions and take medicine appropriately as you have been instructed.
- Ask questions- If you think that you do not understand the instructions or the reasons behind some recommendations, consider consulting the medical staff or even your doctor. You cannot say that you are prioritizing your health if you do not understand the treatment fully.
- Be prepared- As you meet with your physician for the appointments, you must assist them to get the full picture. This will enable them to track your healing progress.
Your commitment to Mental Health
Other than the physical injuries, a victim of a car accident can also sustain mental trauma. For this reason, you'll need to focus on getting treatment for psychological and emotional problems. Some mental health concerns include:
- Depression- Loss of interest, loss of sleep and fatigue are examples of depression symptoms. Although most depressive episodes can be temporary, consider seeking help to manage these feelings.
- Anxiety- Some people will find it a bit difficult to drive or even board a car. This feeling shouldn't be taken lightly. Consider keeping a journal for tracking your anxious feelings. Also, seek professional help. A counselor will help you to manage and improve the feelings.