Love to travel but don’t know what to do about it? Located in Bangalore and living a corporate work life might end up too strenuous for you. Once in a while, you might crave for the fragrance of Mother Nature. And what can bet better than going on a trekking expedition. Staying in Bangalore has its perks. There are several forests and hilly regions in and around Bangalore that makes it one of the ideal spots for any trek enthusiast. But, choosing the right time and right place may take some time and effort.
To ease up the whole process, this article will focus on some of the best trekking events that you can be a part of depending on your availability and budget. If you want to go trekking near Bangalore, these are some of the events you can go for.
- Nishanimotte Trek: This trekking destination is about 335 kilometres away from the heart of the city with a trek distance of about 13-14 kilometres. You cannot miss the captivating view from the peak. Nishani Motte is a peak belonging to the Bhjagamandala range in Coorg. You will be directed by a guide of Tala Cauvery Forest Department who is well acquainted to the proper routes. If you are looking for a weekend getaway from the city life, this is the place for you.
Date and Time: 26th May 2017 21:00 - 28th May, 2017 20:00
Place: Nishanimotte Peak (outside Bangalore)
Fee: Rs 3599 per person
- Kudremukh Trek: Kudremukh is a village situated about 335 kilometres away from Bangalore, Karnataka. The Western Ghats shadowing the area has a forest land that extends up to 600 sq kilometres with 1,894 metres high in altitude. It is a mesmerizing place for nature lovers. You are bound to fall in love with the vast stretch of grasslands present all over the place.
Date and Time: 19th May 2017 19:30 – 21st May 2017 22:00
Place: Kudremukh (outside Bangalore)
Fee: Rs 3250 per person
- Night Trek Kunti Betta: Go on an adventurous stride to the rocky hills surrounded by sugarcane fields. It is about 130 kilometres away from the city area and is quite well-known for the famous Kunti Temple near the foothills. If you are looking for a short trek, Kunti Bera trek is the one for you.
Date and Time: 3rd June 2017 22:00 – 4th June 2017 14:00
Place: Kunti Betta (Outside Bangalore)
Fee: Rs 1526 per person
- Narayanagiri Trek: Try out this spectacular peak which is known for the LaxmiNarayana temple. It is the ultimate place for a weekend getaway. You will be amazed by the view this peak has to offer. The trek time is roughly four to five hours.
Date and Time: 27th May 2017 06:00 – 18:30
Place: Narayanagiri Betta (outside Bangalore)
Fee: Rs 1300
- Mullayanagiril Trek: As a trek enthusiast, you must try out the highest peak of Karnataka. It is about 250 kilometres away from Bangalore city and is the perfect place to go on a weekend.
Date and Time: 9th June 2017 21:30 – 11th June 2017 18:30
Place: Mullayanagiri (outside Bangalore)
Fee: Rs 3706
Check out these exclusive trek expeditions on any desirable weekend of yours and make the most of the adrenaline in your youthful body.