An approach to run away from the disaster of fire and having a handful of fire extinguishers are not enough to protect your property from the danger of fire. The fire protection services that are implemented by the trained experts are a crucial aspect of the fire protection policy, but a few people that are responsible for ensuring the safety of a building aren’t aware of the simple elements that go into the making of complete fire protection strategy.
If you are done with the installation and designing of the fire protection system at your place, you need to take care of many other things post installation to ensure the proper working of the devices so they continue working properly whenever in need. Next is the maintenance and inspection, it is important to do regular fire safety inspections and servicing to preserve your property.
It is not just enough to set up a sprinkler system or to put fire extinguishers in the building. Just like you do it for your vehicle or an HVAC system, routine inspections are required for your protection systems also. If you hire fire protection professional services like the AUSFLAM fire systems, they can help you in taking care of the maintenance of all the installed devices and they will make routine checks to ensure the proper working of all the resources.
It is a certificate that explains that each safety measure in the building has been evaluated by a qualified person who is capable of performing to the quality standards. These are the types of measures that are supposed to be incorporated into a building to make sure the protection of residents in a specific building in emergency cases. They are:
- Fire hydrants.
- Sprinkler systems.
- Smoke exhausts systems.
- Fire doors.
- Exit signs.
- Fire detection and alarms.
- Emergency lighting.
- Fire extinguishers.
How Often Should The Building Inspections Be Updated?
Just like the annual registrations, the building has to be inspected each and every year to ensure its safety. It is also important with the large commercial workplaces with a huge number of people involved as customers, guests, and trades where people will enter a random building but have no ways of knowing whether the building is safe or not at the emergency times.
Just installing a fire protection system is not enough in your building. You need to hire a company like the AUSFLAM that can provide the good installation with regular maintenance and fire safety inspection services.
Dos and Don’ts during a Fire Emergency
- Call the fire department and also an ambulance.
- Do not use the lift, instead use stairs.
- Alert the family members.
- Before opening the doors to exit, feel them if they are no fire danger on the other side of the room.
- If the room is full of smoke, stay close to the ground, to reduce inhaling the smoke and move forward.
- If your clothes catch fire, it will burn faster if you run and lead to serious injuries. Dropping down on the ground and rolling can help extinguish the fire.
- If you notice the fire is too big for you to solve and is spreading very fast, then move to the safer assembly point outside the building and wait for the fire department to arrive and extinguish the fire.